Micromedic Technologies/Dr. Lal Pathlabs
March 2017- December 2017
Dr. Lal PathLabs Ltd. National Reference Laboratory, Rohini, New Delhi, India
Micromedic Technologies created CellDetect®, a staining technology that combines color and morphology to screen women at risk of developing cervical cancer. In this pilot, CellDetect was used to analyze cervical specimens collected at Dr. Lal PathLabs to simplify & expedite the interpretation of microscopic slides and boost the detection of early stage and pre-cancer lesions.
Dr. Lal Pathlabs
- 170 patients enrolled
- Turnaround time per slide was 34% shorter with CellDetect® than with a standard Pap smear.
- Adding color discrimination to morphology in slide analysis improved efficiency in the screening process.
- The CellDetect® color feature and its ability to highlight endocervical/abnormal cells was considered a useful tool for both negative and suspicious cases.
- The pilot highlighted CellDetect’s capabilities and demonstrated that remote training and technical support were effective.
- The pilot enabled Micromedic to learn how to navigate regulatory and import requirements, and collect local data in India. The pilot also helped the company assess the applicability of its other products, such as applications related to bladder cancer.
- Based on local evidence and experience accumulated through the pilot, Micromedic contracted a local partner to distribute its products in India.
What partners say?
"The TechEmerge summit was extremely well planned and organized, leading to focused and productive matchmaking meetings."
Micromedic/ Dr. Lal
Innovator in: TechEmerge Health India